Department Of Mechanical Engineering
About the Department:
The Mechanical Engineering is one of the major activities in the engineering profession and its principles are involved in the design, study, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems. Continued research and development have led to better machines and processes helping the mankind.
The many engineering disciplines, mechanical engineering are the broadest, encompassing a wide variety of engineering fields at many specialties. Although it is commonly assumed that mechanical engineers are automotive engineers, in fact, mechanical engineers are employed in an enormous range of technical areas including: acoustics, air conditioning, automatic controls, computer-aided design, energy management, fluid dynamics, tribology, robotics, biomechanics, and turbo machinery, just to name a few. Mechanical engineering is a challenging, rewarding, and highly respected profession.The Department regularly organizes a series of lectures by academicians and professionals of the highest repute, which lay stress on the latest innovative technologies in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
LONG TERM GOAL
The program strives to be excellent in Education, training and innovation leading to well-qualified engineers and successful in the field of Mechanical Engineering
SHORT TERM GOAL
- To impart quality education to the students and enhance their skills to make them competitive.
- To provide hands-on training experience by the way of exposure to state-of-art equipments and machineries.
- To develop relation between Industry and academia with respect to teaching and career development.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Graduates of the program will be prepared to:
- Expertise the students in designing and analyzing a range of systems based on sound principles considering functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
- Continuously improve and expand their technical and professional skills through formal as well as informal self-study.
- Advance themselves professionally and personally by accepting professional and societal responsibilities and pursuing leadership roles.
- Graduates will be able to apply technical facts in design and product development.
- Graduated Professionals can proficient to Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems related to various materials and their properties using skills, techniques and Engineering tools.
- Young technocrats will have ability to apply principles, suitable process and modern engineering tools to design, analysis and manufacturing sound components which can be assembled into systems.
- Graduates will be operational in multi-disciplinary teams and able to communicate effectively.
- Young Minds will recognize the need of professional development, continued learning and self motivation.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.