Department of Computer Science and Engineering
About the Department
The CSE Department has outstanding faculty expertise supporting a wide range of research and instruction in traditional and emerging areas of computer science and engineering.
The department continues to grow at a rapid pace in terms of academic activities, publications, and national and international service and recognition.
Our rich academic environment directly contributes to the high quality of our undergraduate and graduate programs, supporting world-class education at all levels (B.E and M.E).
The Department regularly organizes a series of lectures by academicians and professionals of the highest repute, which lay stress on the latest innovative technologies in the field of Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology.
The Department is partnered by IIT-Bombay for setting up laboratory and organizing workshop and seminar designed with world class curriculum.
It provides the state-of-the-art research, instructional, and laboratory facilities.
Long Term Goal
- Department imparts value education in the field of Computer Science and Engineering to confer deep insights of the rapid advancements in the changing domain.
Short Term Goal
- To provide knowledge in the field of Computer Science and Engineering that will develop professional behavior and leadership abilities in the young minds, by promoting practical teaching and research oriented activities.
- To produce successful engineers with social and professional responsibilities for commitment to lifelong learning.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To prepare students with good ability to design and construct a hardware and software system components and to derive solutions for real life problems.
- To inculcate students with professional skills that prepares them for immediate employment and for life-long learning in advanced areas of computer science & related fields.
- To prepare students to get involved in post graduate programme in computer science and engineering and make them to work productively in computing industry.
- To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of the software, understand the technical specifications, design and provide engineering solutions and efficient product designs.
- Ability to understand varying complexities in the design, analysis and construction of different software systems.
- Ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements for the software's.
- Ability to realize the techniques, interpersonal skills and modern engineering tools which are necessary for engineering practices.
- Ability to design new software's by their own.