Department of Civil Engineering
About the Department:
The Civil Engineering is a four year full time course spread over eight semester and is started in the year 2011.The programme is duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to the Anna university Chennai.
To enlighten and explore every mind technically, a National level technical symposium is being organized.
Long Term Goal
- To create resposible civil engineers with technical competence and managerical skills for nation building.
Short Term Goal
- To produce Civil Engineers of high caliber with ethical values to serve the society.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding Engineers to face future challenges.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Provide opportunities for students to communicate effectively in the current technology to the civil engineering community.
- To be successful practicing engineers in the areas of design,analysis and realization of design in one or more of the major areas of civil engineering.
- Graduates will have ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will complete a civil engineering design to meet desired needs within realistic constrains such as economic, social, political, ethical, health and safety and sustainability.
- Graduates will have the understanding of practical issues.
- Graduates will use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools in civil engineering domain.